Trigger on shared tables

From: Stefan Rupp <st.rupp_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:38:39 +0200

Shalom!

For a new project we need to interface with a third party product via shared Oracle tables. Whenever the other product writes a row into a table, our application has to read the table and process the new data.

For this to work I thought about having an insert trigger on that table which informs our application about the new data to be read. What methods exist that I can use inside the trigger to trigger some action of our application? Is it possible to send a signal to our process? How do other interfaces work? I don't want to use active polling on the table.

Regards,
Stefan Received on Wed Aug 20 2003 - 11:38:39 CDT