Re: technical wet dreams and SQL fantasies

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2003 07:53:55 -0700

wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au (Noons) wrote in message news:<73e20c6c.0308181330.523000ca_at_posting.google.com>...
> "Learning SQL Server" <no.mail.com> wrote in message news:<OG1lf0ZZDHA.2632_at_TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
>
> > Demi chastises me for not being in third normal form, of all things! My
> > punishment is to provide her with gratification until she says to stop.
> > Egad!
>
> I think referential integrity is a casualty of this thread...
> :D
>
> > contract job for a company who insisted on using SQL Server versus Access
> > because it made the CEO feel more like an "enterprise" user. Access would
> > have suited his needs perfectly (heck, even FoxPro). Baffling how egomaniacs
> > always manage to get startup capital.
>

> Hehehe! Funny how these "CEO's" are never called on
> their "views". They're never shy of imposing their
> stupid views on techos, but they are the first to force
> them to cut costs after being forced to follow their
> deranged recommendations...

It's because current trend in IT management is to hire managers with MBA, who knows nothing about IT, but knows (or pretend to know) how to manage people. CEO's are not that a big problem, they are far enough from techos. Middle management is quite different matter. Sometimes they even forget that they need techos at all, I mean until they fire enough of them so there's nobody to do actual work...