Re: licensing question

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:38:21 -0500

maxfriendly_at_yahoo.com.ar (Max) wrote:

>It is a bit difficult to find out the least expensive license scenario
>since some always try confuse the buyer and make a big sale.
>
>I am trying to find out wich licenses do I need for three types of
>users.
>I will really appreciate any help with this.
>
>User A:
>A developer that uses Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports and
>connects to the database engine.
>
>User B:
>An end user that uses Oracle Forms Runtime,
>Oracle Reports Runtime and
>connects to the database engine.
>
>User C:
>A remote end user that uses the Internet Explorer
>to access an Oracle Forms application via web and
>connects to the database engine.
>
>Thanks a lot,
>Max

The license only applies to the Database - it is not related to how the client connects . Basically it will depend on how many users will connect ( the choice is between named user and Processor based licensing) If the Number of named users * named_userprice is => Processorlicenseprice ( @35000, but negotiable to some degree) then Processor would be the way to go..it will allow for easier management.. Received on Tue Aug 19 2003 - 13:38:21 CDT