Re: Which one is better, Oracle or SQL server - clear answer !

From: Madison Pruet <mpruet_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:00:59 GMT

"Guido Stepken" <stepken_at_little-idiot.de> wrote in message news:bhqfga$8cd$06$1_at_news.t-online.com...
> Ryan Gaffuri wrote:
>
> > BTW, what platforms do postGre SQL and Informix port to? Isnt informix
> > dead? IBM bought it and are shutting it down right?
>
> yes, there will be 9.50 and 9.60 and then Informix ends.
>
> regards, Guido Stepken

Guido,

9.4 has just been release. There are always two releases planned in the works. Therefore there is active work on 9.5 and early design plans for 9.6. Just because we are not currently talking about 9.7 does not mean that there will not be a 9.7.

IBM has no specific intentions to shut down Informix after 9.6. In fact, there are talks underway with significant customers to determine what the post-9.6 feature set should contain.

Please do not spread information that is not factual. ;-) Received on Tue Aug 19 2003 - 10:00:59 CDT