Problem with a combination of Windows 2K Service Pack 4, Oracle 9i, ASP and ADO.

From: Phoenix_Dfire <Phoenix_Dfire_at_Lycos.co.uk>
Date: 19 Aug 2003 05:58:18 -0700

We've had a working application for the last year, which involved Microsoft ASP serving up web pages, which were generated from data retrieved from an Oracle Database via ADO.

However, as part of this fix for the msblast virus, our server was upgraded to service pack 4 and as a result, our web pages started to fall over with an ASP ‘0x800a01fb' error when attempting to read the EOF flag of a recordset.

At present we use Oracle's OraOLEDB.Oracle provider, which works fine in the VB test harness and in IIS (win2k service pack 2). We've had limited success with the MSDAORA OLEDB Provider, but there is a lot work involved, which we'd rather not have to do.

Has anybody else come across this problem or has any suggestions?

Specifications:

Windows 2K server (Service Pack 4).
IIS 5.
Oracle 9i
OraOLEDB.Oracle 9.0.1.0.1
ADO 2.7 Thanks
C H Ford Received on Tue Aug 19 2003 - 07:58:18 CDT