Re: Avoiding any locks in SQL Servers - read and understand....its magic.

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 18 Aug 2003 22:48:52 -0700

Guido Stepken <stepken_at_little-idiot.de> wrote

> Locks are evil, because in SQL Server you have to decide either selects
> from clients are being blocked in three transaction modes (COMMITTED,
> SERIALIZE, REPEATABLE READ), or you have to use UNCOMMITTED mode and you
> risk dirty reads, phantom entries from other transactions.

Germans are evil because of Hitler. Russians are evil because of Stalin. The sun is evil because it can cause skin cancer. Water is evil because you can drown in it. Do I need to ramble on?

Your argument is pathetic Guido. Simply because SQL-Server implements the locking menchanism that it does, DOES NOT MEAN THAT LOCKS ARE EVIL. If your argument is true, well then C++/C is also evil as SQL-Server is written in it.

See just how damn silly that is?

--
Billy