Re: Avoiding any locks in SQL Servers - read and understand....its magic.

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:07:21 GMT

So, would you use such a thing in a medical application where people are making judgments on the data they are seeing and allow the database to "decide" how to "merge" data in the same row. Of course, not, that would be sheer foolishness. The machine can't merge the results in a meaningful way without throwing out or ignoring the state the two (or more) people saw the data in when they made their change.
Jim