Re: technical wet dreams and SQL fantasies

From: Learning SQL Server <no.mail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:24:43 -0400

Brad:

Demi chastises me for not being in third normal form, of all things! My punishment is to provide her with gratification until she says to stop. Egad!

Reese gets annoyed because she breaks my server with script kiddie injection attacks. For my laziness I have to provide her with gratification until she says stop. Egad!

Neither one really cares if its Oracle or SQL Server. And neither do I ;) But as a productive contribution, I do agree that often RDBMS decisions are based on "cool factor", and not "whats best for my business". I did a contract job for a company who insisted on using SQL Server versus Access because it made the CEO feel more like an "enterprise" user. Access would have suited his needs perfectly (heck, even FoxPro). Baffling how egomaniacs always manage to get startup capital.

Oh well. I think its time for a nap ;-)

"Brad" <me_at_privacy.net> wrote in message news:MPG.19aab68745c4509c98b5ad_at_news...
> In article <OSn9DiZZDHA.2572_at_TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Learning SQL Server"
> <no.mail.com> said...
> > I feel bad for people whose wet dreams are technically-themed. Mine are
> > almost always about Demi Moore telling me what a "bad boy" I have been.
If