Re: ODBC Drivers error

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 18 Aug 2003 01:52:04 -0700

Jose Vargas <member36033_at_dbforums.com> w

> I am calling an oracle function from ASP, but i have the
> following error:
> [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-06550: line 1, column 47:
> PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol ">" when expecting one of the
> following: ( - + case mod new not null others <an identifier> <a double-
> quoted delimited-identifier> <a bind variable> avg count current exists
> max min prior sql stddev sum variance execute forall merge time
> timestamp interval date <a string literal with character set
> specification> <a number> <a single-quoted SQL string> pipe The symbol
> "null" was subs

The error indicates that you are calling either a PL/SQL procedure or a PL/SQL anonymous block - and that this PL/SQL proc/block has syntax errors.

Without seeing the actual PL/SQL procedure or block, we cannot say just where the error is, or how to fix.. except that is in line 1 @ column 47 in that PL/SQL code that you are calling and that it contains a ">" character which Oracle deems as invalid in that specific line of PL/SQL code.

But all this is already quite clearly stated (in plain English) in the error message you posted.. which I trust that you did read properly before posting for help here?

--
Billy