Re: backup disk format

From: Peter Nunn <pnunn_at_pncomputing.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:41:16 +1000

Thanks Niall,

but just think about this for a moment.

I don't have any sort of license with Oracle. I have not in any way agreed to not reverse engineer their formats.

So what if their proprietary? That jus means that their not published. If their secrete gets out or someone reverse engineers it, too bad.

As long as their not patented and I don't use any of their code or see any of their code, how can I possibly be in legal hot water by cracking their formats? That makes no sense at all.

Peter.