OracleDataAdapter doesn't create Update command

From: Tim Werth <twerth_at_ziimaging.com>
Date: 14 Aug 2003 16:24:40 -0700

I am using Oracle Data Provider for .NET 9.2.0.2.102 and am having difficultly when trying to update a DataSet. I am getting the following error when the Update is called:

"Dynamic SQL generation failed. No key information found"

I have found that there is a direct link to my table's name and this problem. My table is named "Jobs". If I change it to "Jobss", it works just fine.

Is this a limitation of Oracle? I even tried qualifying it with the schema owner, i.e, tableName = "<schema_owner>.Jobs" but it still failed.

Is there a way for me to qualify the table name so I can still use
"Jobs", or am I out of luck.

Here's my code:

OracleDataAdapter oraDataAdapter = new OracleDataAdapter( m_oraCommand );
OracleCommandBuilder cb = new OracleCommandBuilder( oraDataAdapter );

oraDataAdapter.Update( ds, tableName );

Thanks,
Tim Received on Thu Aug 14 2003 - 18:24:40 CDT