Re: Oracle clustering & licensing

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:26:02 +0100

RAC is the successor to OPS so you are correct in saying that OPS in unavailable in 9i.

Interestingly there is a performance article on otn referring to the performance group at Oracle visiting an unnamed customer who were loking at buying a 64cpu system to handle their load and after performance tuning only actually required 16.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA