Re: Oracle training edition

From: Keld Nielsen <keldnielsen_at_tiscali.you.know.dk>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:34:18 +0200

"Ryan" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote in message news:A3A_a.15307$ug.14446_at_lakeread01...
> oracle gives most of its software away for free

eeh, come again !!
Is that to be understood as Oracle is a non-profit organisation ?

One can download all of the software (gee, do a search in these Ng's or Google)
as long as one comply to the license agreement(s).

Download, test it out, learn etc. but if you intend to use what you may have developed commercially then one of course has to pay for the product.

In my world, it's really very simple business logic, but I'm very pleased that Oracle provide us with the possibility to download the software for free - which is not the same as to say that Oracle give it's software away for free.