Re: Oracle and Java application

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:29:26 GMT

> 3. I'm not sure how you would access jdbc from Javascript, as I don't
> know javascript. What I do know, however, is that it *isn't* Java

You can't use JDBC in Javascript. You can in Java though. So if the OP wants to access a database from a web front end, then the typical technologies in use today are JSP (with or without J2EE), ASP, PHP, Perl/CGI and some other proprietary solutions.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com