Set sequences to next value after data import

From: Jim Mesara <somebody_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:51:58 -0400

We have imported data into our almost ready for primetime application. One issue we are having is with the Oracle sequences. The data importation program (Data Junction) was able to import all the rows successfully from a legacy application. The question I have is: Is it possible to change the sequences (about 25 of them) to the existing ID field of a column programatically, or do I have to do it by hand. For example, I have this data:

ID        Name
100        Bill
101        Tom
102        Henry
103        Mary

And the current sequence that is used by this table is set to 100. I need the sequence to be 103, so that the next time the sequence.nextval is called, it will insert the correct value into the ID field.

Any ideas or experience with this?

Thank you,
Jim Received on Tue Aug 12 2003 - 12:51:58 CDT