Oracle and Java application

From: Stratos <seb6_at_bton.ac.uk>
Date: 12 Aug 2003 04:25:46 -0700

I am developing an application with:

  1. an Oracle Database at the back end
  2. a web-based interface at the front end

I will install the standard edition of Oracle for the back end. My aim is to access the database through jdbc in order to display the data
on the web-based interface, by using Java Server Pages or Java script.

Is there any issue that I need to be aware of before I go on developing the whole thing? Is anyone familiar to this kind of architecture so that he/she can inform me of any difficulties or any internet resources?
I will appreciate any advice very much.

About the web-based interface, what is the best way to implement it, by using JSP or JScript? Does anyone know where to look for information about that?

Thank you very much in advance. Received on Tue Aug 12 2003 - 06:25:46 CDT