ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace ACCOUNT

From: Sharad K <sk_at_sk.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:39:06 +0530

Hi all,

I was trying to update my schema on Oracle when I got the following error message.
"ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace ACCOUNT".
On googling I read that it meant that there was no free extent in the tablespace system greater than or
 equal to the extent size I was asking for.

The ways it suggested me -
1.Add a datafile.
2.Resize the datafile if space available.

Could anyone please explain me the problem more precisely and how to go about
following either of the above steps (with their merits).

Thanks in advance,
SK Received on Tue Aug 12 2003 - 01:09:06 CDT