XP Problem

From: Nick Williamson <nick_williamson_at_mentor.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:19:46 +0100

Hi all,

I have 2 XP machines - one acting as a client and the other as a server. They're both running 9i. When I make the initial connection from the client (which can be with SQLPLUS, Enterprise Mgr Console, my application... anything), there's always a delay of around 5 seconds. If I try a second connection soon after the first one, it connects instantly - it's as though the server leaves a port open for a while after the first connect. I searched on Google and it seems to be a recognised issue for Oracle on XP, but there didn't seem to be a definitive answer. One guy recommended commenting out "sqlnet.authentication_services =(NTS)" in sqlnet.ora on the client, but no-one seemed to know for sure what the problem really was. Can anyone help me out with this?

TIA
Nick Received on Mon Aug 11 2003 - 03:19:46 CDT