Re: Q: Rollbacks

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 20:03:05 +0200

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:20:33 -0500, Vince Laurent <eAddict_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>I need to increase the size of the existing rollback segments. I have
>the SQL to do it but am not sure of the timing. Can I take one
>rollback segement offline, increase it, bring it back online, then
>move on to the next? What is the result of taking a rollback segement
>offline if it might be being used? Is there a way to tell the
>rollback segement to go offline once it is idle?
>
>Thanks
>-vince

If the rollback segment is in use, it will go offline once the transaction has completed. You don't have to do anything for that. And yes you can change them one at the time

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Aug 08 2003 - 13:03:05 CDT