Writing binary data to external file

From: Igor Shulgin <igor.shulgin_at_chelptt.ru>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:35:05 +0600

    Hi!

    What is standard and direct way (within Oracle stored procedures) for writing binary data from Oracle to external file on disk?

    We have tried to use UTL_FILE package, but it operates on files consisting out of "line" of size no more than 32767 bytes and adds new_line symbol upon closing files.

    Also we checked out interMedia types and packages for writing BLOB to disk but now we get stuck with some strange error messages.

--

                       With best wishes,
                                                       Igor Shulgin

JSC Uralsvyazinform | Applied Systems Department Received on Fri Aug 08 2003 - 05:35:05 CDT