ora 3113 error - end of communication channel

From: konstantin <kzale_at_mail.ru>
Date: 7 Aug 2003 13:01:11 -0700

Dear all,

I have ora 3113 error. I've read already a lot about but still cannot find a solution.
I have Oracle Enterprise Edition 8.1.7 running on Tru64 UNIX (COMPAQ) - 2 node cluster version 5.1A.
The problem is the following - I can start automatically and manually in one node e.g. node1 and cannot run in the second node though principally it starts from the same disk (physical disk). Both operating system and Oracle located in common RAID massive. I cannot even start svrmgrl properly - I start receiving ora 3113 from the beginning.

Please see below content of trace file.

/usr/users/oracle/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1/rdbms/log/ora_1051486.trc Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.2.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.2.0 - Production
ORACLE_HOME = /usr/users/oracle/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1

System name:	OSF1
Node name:	node2
Release:	V5.1
Version:	1885
Machine:	alpha

Instance name: 2000
Redo thread mounted by this instance: 0 <none> Oracle process number: 0
1051486

Any help very much appreciated. Received on Thu Aug 07 2003 - 15:01:11 CDT