One cause of the OIP-04139 error

From: Larry Leonard <Spam_at_DefinitiveSolutions.com>
Date: 7 Aug 2003 12:46:25 -0700

I spent a while trying to figure this out, and couldn't the find answer anywhere, so I thought I'd post it (so that I can find it next time!).

If you're doing an array update or array insert, and get error OIP-04139, one possible cause is that you are creating a VARCHAR2 type parameter, but not setting its length. For some reason, NUMBER type parameters don't require a length, AFAIK, but VARCHAR2 ones do.

As an example, and using OO4O, this won't work:

OParamArray myParamArray = params.AddTable(sCol, OPARAMETER_INVAR, OTYPE_VARCHAR2, nCount);

... but this will:

OParamArray myParamArray = params.AddTable(sCol, OPARAMETER_INVAR, OTYPE_VARCHAR2, nCount, nLen);

... where nLen simply holds the width of the column.