Re: pushing tnsnames changes over the network

From: Ray Porter <ray_porter_at_unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:30:02 -0400

Thanks, Norman. The problem is that we can't have one, single tnsnames file for everyone. We have a number of departments that have in-house or vendor-supplied applications that are not directly supported by the university's central technical staff. Each of these applications has its own tnsnames entry so we can't simply overwrite the existing tnsnames file on the workstation. We have to be able to locate the active tnsnames file on each workstation and replace a single service entry within the file without modifying any other entries.

Thanks,
Ray Porter