Re: top 10 oracle quirks

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:38:16 GMT

Hi Brian Peasland, thanks for writing this:
> My favorite quirk is when they don't use the same naming conventions in
> the DD views. For instance, in DBA_INDEXES, there is a column called
> OWNER. But in DBA_IND_COLUMNS it is INDEX_OWNER. All DBA_object (where
> object is something like TABLES, INDEXES, etc) there is an OWNER column,
> but in DBA_SEQUENCES it is SEQUENCE_OWNER.
>
> Cheers,
> Brian

And similarly, the underscore is in table_name, index_name, sequence_name, and so on ... but not in username.

But my pet peeve is not Oracle's fault ... why didn't the sql inventors use alias instead of synonym? Can't tell you how many times I've made a typing error on synonym.

--
[:%s/Karsten Farrell/Oracle DBA/g]