Re: httpserver not loaded

From: Phil Britton <phil_at_phil-britton.com>
Date: 06 Aug 2003 15:30:11 +0100

"Hubert Holler" <haiflosse_at_gmx.net> writes:

> I have installed Oracle92 and have setted the following services to
> automatic:
> OracleMTSRecoveryService
> OracleOraHome92Agent
> OracleOraHome92HTTPServer
> OracleOraHome92TNSListener
> OracleServiceDBAR (DBAR is the name of the database).
>
> All services except OracleOraHome92HTTPServer are started.
> When I try to start OracleOraHome92HTTPServer there comes the following
> message:
>
> Service "OracleOraHome92HTTPServer" have been startet and stopped on "local
> computer". Some services will be automatic stopped, when they are in idle,
> like activityprotocol- and alarmservice.
>
> When I try activityprotocol and alarm there comes the same message.
>
> I use here an german version of windows xp.
> Hope somebody can help me how I can start the Oracle http Server.

I was messing about with 9i on WIndows XP last night and had exactly this same problem. I managed to start and stop Apache by using the Menu Items created in the Windows Start Menu. Then it was time for bed so I didn't have time to investigate why it wasn't starting as a service. It could be because I'm using XP Home, rather than Pro. I'll have another try tonight after tea

cheers

Phil

--

As of now they're on Double SECRET Probation!