oracle lower compatible?

From: Pari <mynuacct_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Aug 2003 12:10:09 -0700

Hi,
  Various sources point out that the last oracle database version for solaris (x86) is 8.1.7.
I am developing a data streaming application for streaming data any database, and now I need
to support it for oracle.
Would like to know if streaming from oracle 8 client to an oracle 9 server is a feasibility
and if somebody has tried it out. I am interested in a very limited feature set of simple
inserts and queries.
I don't want to buy the oracle 8 cds (solaris x86) from oracle and try it out myself.
Thanks
Pari Received on Mon Aug 04 2003 - 14:10:09 CDT