Re: Need Purchasing Info

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:34:18 GMT

Tom Fisher wrote:

> Where can I buy Personal Oracle8 or 9 on CD for the PC?
>
> I need a part number, a price, and an address. Please don't refer
> me to the Oracle Web site or tell me to call Oracle - those are
> exercises in futility.

If you don't want to get it from the vendor you might want to check EBay. Or check your preferred reseller whether they can sell to you. Or let someone know roughly where you are so a local reseller can contact you.

(I'm quite surprised that you can't get the information you want from http://oraclestore.oracle.com - made a number of purchases there myself & never had an issue.)

By the way - regardless of where you buy the stuff, you might end up buying 3 separate things:

  1. You buy a license (right to use) for the product (in this case Personal Oracle)
  2. You buy the CD Pack that includes the product separately
  3. You (optionally) buy annual unlimited-service/maintenance/free-patch&upgrade contract

The CD Pack is for the OS you want and includes all the CDs for the 'family' (eg: the Database CD Pack includes Personal, Standard, Enterprise, Lite and various options). You load the ones you want/licensed.

An alternate to paying for 1) & 2) (if you only need this for study/eval purposes) is to go to http://otn.oracle.com >> Downloads, accept the trial license and download. Received on Mon Aug 04 2003 - 10:34:18 CDT