Re: Trial version of Oracle?

From: tk <theronk_at_charter.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 10:33:39 -0600

> You can download everything you want. The sofware will not expire.
> otn.oracle.com - you will need to register, but it's free.
>
> As long as you agree to the license conditions then go ahead and
> have fun.
>
> I have a lot of Oracle software on my home pc for - as you mention -
> learning purposes.

It makes sense to me why Oracle allows that to be free... It promotes more Oracle knowledgable folks... If I had to pay for it "just to play around for it", I guess I would play around with mysql instead :-)

Until last week though, I was a total idiot and thought (for years) that I would have to pay to get Oracle on my PC so that I could play around with it.

I feel like I lost time there :-( Oh well. Now I know better! Received on Sun Aug 03 2003 - 11:33:39 CDT