Re: thank you all!!

From: tk <theronk_at_charter.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 10:25:14 -0600

> Have you started exploring the OTN Sample Code & Oracle By Example
tutorials?

Not yet. I plan to though and I have saved away your emails/posts!!! A friend (ie, a PL/SQL guru and Oracle DBA guru for 12 years so far) loaned me his O'Reilly PL/SQL book. I want to go thru that one first and then go thru the Examples book. I'm about on p. 400 of the O'Reilly book since I got it last Thursday and have been going thru alot of the examples. I'm finding it similar to the Transact-SQL and Informix-4GL stuff I did which is why I'm finding myself thumbing thru the book at a quicker pace than I expected.

I have to admit though, I'm not a DBA nor do I have aspirations to be one. I loaded Oracle 9 and Toad and am using the SCOTT database. I don't even know how to create a new schema :-) Maybe I'll learn how to do that at a later time.

I'm basically "cramming" PL/SQL right now for my new *possible* job (ie, I thought I had the job but found out that I don't have it just yet as they still need to do further interviews with me) :-) Received on Sun Aug 03 2003 - 11:25:14 CDT