Re: Trial version of Oracle?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 16:28:02 GMT

jcd wrote:

> I pretty much have the same question, but need a little more clarification:
> Does this mean that I could download 8i or 9i from the Oracle site and it
> wouldn't expire in 30 days or so, (so long as I am only using it to learn or
> develop on, of course) ?
>
> Thanks for the help!

  1. For ALL Oracle's currently supported software - the documentation is available free of charge
  2. For the latest version of Oracle's supported software, (and occasionally older versions) - the documentation is available free of charge - visual samples of how to install & deinstall are available free of charge - tutorials (including screen shots) - the actual software, that is not time-bombed or crippled in any way

You just need to sign up at http://otn.oracle.com and read/accept the license agreement. People are encouraged to read and understand that agreement, instead of just clicking "I agree", there are a few interesting twists. I believe the license is available in multiple languages. Received on Sat Aug 02 2003 - 11:28:02 CDT