Re: Newbie cannot login

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 17:41:29 GMT

Hi Richard, thanks for writing this:

> I think Microsoft and other servers like MySQL are hurting Oracle a lot in
> the small/midrange database market. Oracle prices have come down a lot
> recently, particularly for the standard server but I wouldn't be surprised
> to see Oracle introduce some sort of easy to use 'Oracle light' product in
> the future to compete more effectively with SQLServer.
>
> I'd be interested to hear other peoples' opinions about this.
>
> Richard

I find it humorous to watch Oracle sales people do a dog and pony show. They advise clients to trash anything even remotely related to proprietary products from Microsoft and go with inexpensive Java and open source. They speak this wisdom on one side of their mouth. Then they add, out the other side of their mouth, that you should line Larry's pockets, spending big bucks for Oracle's proprietary database. Methinks perhaps Oracle sales people speak with a forked tongue. No news there, I suppose.

--
[:%s/Karsten Farrell/Oracle DBA/g]