PLS-00103 error in sqlPLus

From: Arvid Mestdagh <am_at_cipal.be>
Date: 1 Aug 2003 06:56:46 -0700

Hi I want to create a simple stored procedure but stumble across the syntax.

I get the following error message (after the create...) SQL> CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TEST (arvid in FLOAT) AS begin SELECT pkMNCLNTref from MNCLNT WHERE
 MNCLNT.pkMNCLNTref = TEST.arvid;end;
  2 /

Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors.

SQL> show error
Errors for PROCEDURE TEST:

LINE/COL ERROR
-------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
1/42 PLS-00428: an INTO clause is expected in this SELECT statement
1/42 PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored

I tried something of the following :
SQL> CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TEST (arvid in varchar) AS   2 begin
  3 declare
  4 testclient MNCLNT%ROWTYPE;
  5 vartestclient OUT testclient ;
  6 SELECT * into vartestclient from MNCLNT WHERE MNCLNT.pkMNCLNTref = to_NUMBER(arvid);
  7 end
  8 /

Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors.

SQL> show error
Errors for PROCEDURE TEST:

LINE/COL ERROR
-------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
5/19 PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "TESTCLIENT" when expecting one

         of the following:
         := . ( @ % ; not null range default character

7/3      PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "end-of-file" when
expecting
         one of the following:
         ; <an identifier> <a double-quoted delimited-identifier>
         delete exists prior <a single-quoted SQL string>
         The symbol ";" was substituted for "end-of-file" to continue.

but still with errors.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Received on Fri Aug 01 2003 - 08:56:46 CDT