Find line breaks on different systems

From: Bernhard Graeuler <fuerspam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:17:33 +0200

Hi,

I have to split a string that contains line breaks into multiple strings. The problem is, that I don't know which linebreaks oracle uses. Is it always
'CR' or does it depend on the system (AFAIK Windows uses 'CRLF', MAC uses
'LF', UNIX uses 'CR').

Do I have to check all possibilities in my stored procedure or is there another way to do this.

I test the procedure by running a script file with the '@' command of sqlplus. In this file I use something like

begin
  PACKAGE.SPLITLINE('This is
a multiple
line
line.');
end;
/

Confusing: Im using Windows, so I expected 'CRLF' as line break, but SPLITLINE only works correctly if it searches for 'CR'.

Regards

    Bernhard Received on Fri Aug 01 2003 - 04:17:33 CDT