Re: Trial version of Oracle?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:57:45 GMT

tk wrote:

> Hi Folks:
>
> I'm starting a job in a few weeks. Part of the duties is to write PL/SQL in
> addition to the Java coding. I'm experienced with Java and JDBC. I don't
> know PL/SQL but have a book. I know SQL and have worked in an Oracle
> environment. Just not with packages and such...
>
> Is there such a thing as a "trial-trimmed" down version of Oracle that I
> might be able to load on my PC at home? Just enough for me to learn how to
> write some basic PL/SQL procedures?

The 'trial' version is NOT trimmed down. Can't help you there.

However, if you want to complete (not time bombed, not crippled) version of the Oracle software, go to http://otn.oracle.com, click on Download, and ask for the 9.2 version of the database.

While you are there, a bit below the Download link on http://otn.oracle.com is a Sample Code link and the "Oracle by Example" page that shows up from that link will lead you to detailed install, deinstall, basic admin & example code links. (You might also browse the samples pages to review the included capabilities of the database & maybe find some development you can avoid by leveraging the inherent delivered capabilities.) Received on Thu Jul 31 2003 - 10:57:45 CDT