Re: Problem with handle leaks...?!

From: Ben Hutchings <do-not-spam-benh_at_bwsint.com>
Date: 30 Jul 2003 16:27:21 GMT

In article <bg8lfc$m7ta8$1_at_ID-164439.news.uni-berlin.de>, Tilman Kuepper wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> I have problems to connect to an Oracle server via MFC/ODBC.
> There seems to be a handle leak if I open/close the db
> connection from a worker thread. (Windows Task Manager shows
> that for every database connection two more handles are
> needed.)
>
> I have attached a small test program which shows this
> problem.

This isn't an Oracle problem. AfxBeginThread() returns a pointer to a CWinThread, which includes a handle to the thread. You need to delete this object when you are done with it (either before or after the thread exits, depending on whether you need to know when it is still running). Received on Wed Jul 30 2003 - 11:27:21 CDT