Re: Writing more than 1,000,000 characters with UTL_FILE ?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2003 06:54:58 -0700

"Jérôme VUIBERT" <jerome.vuibert_at_fleximage.fr> wrote in message news:<3f24f4a7$0$22110$626a54ce_at_news.free.fr>...
> Hi.
>

> Does someone know how to write more than 1,000,000 characters in w file with
> the UTL_FILE package, or may i count the length of each writing, then close
> the file and reopen it in append mode ?
>
> Thanks for you help.
>
> Jerome

Our network suffered a hit right when I submitted this so this may be a duplicate.

Jerome, I am aware that dbms_output has a 1M output buffer limit, but I am unaware of any such limit for utl_file. I took a quick look at the exception list and did not see one that seems to apply. Why do you think there is such a limitation?