Re: Oracle table in a seperate Disk or tape

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:03:30 GMT

Hi Shafeek Khalidh, thanks for writing this:
> Thanksk Karsten,
> Can I take a backup of a tablespace alone?

Yes, depending on what you mean by a "backup."

SQL> alter tablespace whatever begin backup; ...[do an o/s copy (or other backup) of the datafile(s)]... SQL> alter tablespace whatever end backup;

You can also use RMAN to back it up (which is the method I prefer).

--
[:%s/Karsten Farrell/Oracle DBA/g]