Re: A Proxy server and a client (both in PBuilder) can share a single transaction?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 24 Jul 2003 23:39:55 -0700

Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote

> There are software packages that support 2-phase commit, but
> there is no way to have any database give up transaction
> integrity. Some process starts a transaction?... It is the only
> one allowed to do anything within that transactional scope.

Why bother telling him that when it is obvious that he is living in a fantasy world where basic transaction processing and database integrity (and common sense) do not apply to him?

I have worked with people like him before... people who would not even bother to read a concepts manual about anything as they know what the concept should be (never mind reality).

They are not only clueless, but have this wet dream of being a hotshot technical expert that knows _everything_ and insists on arguing that 2 + 2 equals 5 for very large values of 2.

--
Billy