Re: A Proxy server and a client (both in PBuilder) can share a single transaction?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 24 Jul 2003 23:32:45 -0700

Ippokratis__at_hotmail.com (Ippokratis) wrote

> I understand that what I am asking is not correct from the DB point
> of view.

Why then insist on doing what is NOT correct? Or are you just plain stupid?

> What I want to know is, if there is any middle-tier program
> to serve the transaction needs of two separate applications for one
> commonly shared transaction.

Corba. But then the middle tier handles the transactions and does not allow or support the type of uncommitted transaction being dirty read somewhere else.

As for putting the business logic in a proxy.. that too is utterly idiotic.

Please pass my sincerest sympathies to the developers, maintainers and DBAs that have to put up with the crap that you are intending to design.

And yeah.. I have worked with the likes of you before. And yeah.. I am supporting similar crap designs by so-called architects and "senior" consultants that did not even know what the hell 3rd normal form is.

--
Billy