Re: Oracle & C# Idiots Guide?

From: tojo <Tojo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:30:17 +0200

In article <bd1f5e90.0307232301.324570be_at_posting.google.com>, kn0xster_at_hotmail.com says...
> Hi,
>
> I am learning C# at the moment having previously developed mostly in
> Delhpi and VB.
>
> What I would like to know is where can i find a really good article on
> the net (or even in a book) which teaches you how to use C# to connect
> to Oracle databases. Something that discusses the pros and cons of the
> different ways to connect to the database such as OCI and ADO.
> Something which maybe gives some examples of how to create a simple
> interface through which you can browse records in a dataset.
>
> I have managed to connect to Oracle using the OCI but i found the
> documentation assumes that you are already familiar with C# and
> Oracle.
>
> If there is nothing out there then i will try and put something out
> there myself once i know a little more about it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

> kn0xster_at_hotmail.com

Mike, are you using the Oracle .NET Provider? There are numerous samples included which are written in C#. I have not come across an Oracle/C# book yet, and most mag articles use SQL-Server as a back end. But no matter, since the data classes for SQL-Server and Oracle correspond pretty well.

Oracle .NET Provider is here:
http://technet.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/content.html