Re: HELP - ORACLE Problem with password

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:18:45 +0200

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:33:55 +0200, "Maurizio Coda" <maurizio.coda_at_tin.it> wrote:

>Hello !
>I've installed Oracle Enterprise Edition 9i on W2K machine just to read a
>dump of a db.
>Installing Oracle it set the administration user/password on sysman/oem_temp
>and it asks to change it.
>Rebooting the system it not let me enter in the console!!!
>For 2 times i've installed and re-installed completly OEE and do alway the
>same.
>I'm not expert in Oracle (in english too!), is there any one can help me to
>solve this matter?
>Thanks
>Maurizio Coda

Please

- do NOT cross and multipost to every Oracle group you can spell
- describe the EXACT steps you undertook
- Why on earth did you reboot the system when you were requested to
change a password?
- In a properly installed 9i using connect / as sysdba will let you in always

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jul 23 2003 - 15:18:45 CDT