Re: rtsora broken??

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 22 Jul 2003 23:04:18 -0700

nobody.noclan_at_bigfoot.com (Eric) wrote

> Oracle 9i on HPUX 11.0 with Server Express.
>
> Everything runs fine until a particular SQL Select (returning 900
> columns into host variables) is executed in a sub program.
> so,

<snipped>

Been a while sicne I last saw Cobol. Won't say it brings back fond memories, but nor is it bad either. Writing re-entrant Cobol programs were actually fun. :-)

> Everything is compiled as 32 bit.

That could be the problem. HP-UX 11 is mostly 64bit. There are still a few older machines out there running HP-UX 11 in 32bit, but from K class up (as far as I know), 64bit is used.

Also, I do not think there is an 32bit Oracle 9i for HP-UX.

Mixing 32bit and 64bit is possible, but there's the issue of using and compiling and dynamically linking the right libs...

> It seems that I'm hitting a size boundary somewhere, but I can't see
> it. Does anyone have any hints?

Not really. Shooting from the hip here. I would look at the runtime environment (shared lib paths and so on) to make sure it is set up correctly. Also RTFM the Oracle Docs on whether or not a 32bit client can open an IPC or TNS connection when there's only 64bit installed (including the Ora client drivers).

--
Billy