Re: Newbie questions about Oracle Developer Studio

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:41:47 -0700

Raul Lopez wrote:

> I am starting the Oracle server from zero and I want to use Oracle
> Developer, Designer and Forms (all in the same server) but I don't know if I
> need to install Oracle9i Application Server and Oracle9i or not (enough with
> application server? I need to install Oracle Internet Directory? it installs
> the needed repository automatically?)
>
> Thanks

You are likely biting off way more than you can handle. But assuming you are just talking about development.

First install 9i Developer Suite
Second install 9i database

No need for any other product as you can use OC4J (with Developer) for testing your forms.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu