Re: What is the name of the next generaltion Oracle database?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 03:15:04 GMT

Keith wrote:

> "Abuse of the system includes, but is not limited to, exceeding the
> download limit on your account, spamming, newsgroup flooding, and
> unauthorized posting to copyrighted material are also considered abuse
> of the system "
>
> I don't fall into any of this. Crossposting one article (and a reply to
> another article) today to 3 oracle groups is hardly flooding.
>
> I think what you espouse to is worse and that is censorship of ideas
> simply because you oppose them. This leads ignorance.

If it were only one article, I would not object. You have insisted on cross-posting ALL of your recent materials. Even when you were asked to refrain. You are aware that the majority of people who look at these groups look at all of the groups. The abuse, stems from your malicious triplication of the material, costing me time, effort and bandwidth to determine that the subject had already been reviewed.

In fact, you took a thread that started & stayed in a single newsgroup and expanded it to all 3 oracle newsgroups - and that is what I find abusive and malicious.

I am not advocating censorship. I am not limiting your ability to speak I am asking you to follow the guidelines and post where the post is applicable. My keeping your messages in the original group or in cdo.misc when you originate them, you have the ability to reach the majority of the relevant community.

Therefore, I politely request - if you wish to post within the Oracle community only, then please restrict your non-technical discussion to comp.database.oracle.misc and your replies to the group from which they originate. And also politely I ask you - please do not cross-post. Received on Sun Jul 20 2003 - 22:15:04 CDT