Re: migrating MySQL dbs

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:06:31 +0200

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:57:29 +0200, Timo Nentwig <tcn_at_spamgourmet.com> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Is there a utility to migrate mysql databases (windows) to oracle 9i
>(linux)?
>
>Timo

Not likely.
I can see two alternatives: You could get MS Access to the job provided you have an ODBC driver for MySQL and ditto for Oracle. The latter is included with the Oracle client for Winblows

The second method will work, but is also more cumbersome: export the tables as comma-separated CSV files, one table per file, and use the sqlloader product to load the files. And, sorry, I'm not going to abstract the sqlloader manual here. It is in the Oracle Server Utilities Manual

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Jul 19 2003 - 15:06:31 CDT