Re: Session variables and PL/SQL

From: Anna C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 11:08:45 -0700

Ted Knijff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I best save and retrieve variables based on a session ?
>
> The problem :
> -a user logs in multiple times from different clients / from the same
> client PC (i.e. multiple sessions, same user)
> - I want to save the session parameters (login time etc. - as in
> v$session view) and access these variables from PL/SQL

So what is stopping "you" from doing so?

> - do I have to save his data in a table and retrieve them every time ?

I?
as in from a separate session?
as in from a LOGON trigger?

"every time"?
Every time there is a blue moon?

> - how can I best access the session-id to uniquely identify the
> session (performance) ?

The Session ID (SID) is unique between database bounces. What is preventing you from using the SID from V$SESSION? Received on Sat Jul 19 2003 - 13:08:45 CDT