Re: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:10:11 +0200

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 15:57:30 +0200, Timo Nentwig <tcn_at_spamgourmet.com> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>As you'll notice I'm new to oracel :) I set up 9i r2 on a linux machine but
>the attempt to connect to a database (java, jdbc) ends up with the
>following:
>
>java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
>ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
>Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory
>
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
> at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:289)
> at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.O3log.receive1st(O3log.java:407)
> at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:259)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:346)
> at
>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:468)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:314)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:140)
> at
>com.onseven.dbvis.wrapper.DriverManagerImpl.getConnection(DriverManagerImpl.java:40)
> at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database.doConnect(Unknown Source)
> at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database.access$000(Unknown Source)
> at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database$ConnectionCommand.execute(Unknown Source)
> at se.pureit.util.ThreadCommand.runExecute(Unknown Source)
> at se.pureit.util.ThreadCommand.run(Unknown Source)
>
>Well, I'm not quite sure whether oracle is up and running at all, at least
>bin/dbstart did not solve the problem either.
>
>Can somebody help? :-)
>
>Thanks a lot :)
>Timo

Oracle is definitely not running. Please look into the alert log as to the cause of error. The alert log is in the directory pointed to by the background_dump_dest init.ora parameter.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Jul 19 2003 - 10:10:11 CDT