Oracle 8.1.6 very strange performance problem on client/server configuration

From: Marco <03487488334_at_vodafone.it>
Date: 18 Jul 2003 08:42:12 -0700

Hello everybody,

we are experiencing a quite strange problem in our environment. An application has to check-in (embedded sql) a certain amount of row in a DB; simple INSERT statement in a table, with some indexes and a BLOB column.

Running the application on the server is quite fast, apx. 8min. If the application runs on a client it takes more that 100min, but if we run an export of the database on the server while the application is running on the client in the client, the speed will be quite the same as before (10min).

I'm really out of ideas...
Any help will be very appreciated.

Bye. Received on Fri Jul 18 2003 - 10:42:12 CDT