Re: Orbitz dumps RAC for better reliability

From: Keith <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:16:40 -0400

Stonebraker's original contribution is far different from today's PostgreSQL. Also it is based on postgres not Ingres. Ingres goes back to earlier work. Please research before you post.

Note: good designs comes often come from academia or research institutions like Bell Labs. Relational Data Management came from an academic and researcher, E.F. Codd. Larry and his cohorts simple ripped off the research paper.

In my opinion, Oracle today is simply an organization of Marketeers and salespeople.