Re: Newbie question: What is "SQL*Net roundtrips to/from client" in the utlestat report

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 05:39:13 +0200

On 17 Jul 2003 15:36:13 -0700, drak0nian_at_yahoo.com (Paul Drake) wrote:

>If your SDU/TDU is set to the default value (2048 bytes) then you are
>going to have far more sqlnet round trips than if your SDU/TDU is set
>to a non-default value, such as 8192 bytes.

You can't say that. To run into that your package has to be greater than the SDU in the first place.
Also the default TDU is 32767.
Finally your advice is incorrect as the SDU needs to be a multiple of the network card's MTU, usually a measly 1500

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jul 17 2003 - 22:39:13 CDT